Diablo 2 is a classic RPG that was released in 2000. It has since been ported to the Xbox and Playstation, but many people still enjoy playing it on their computers. If you’re one of those people, you may have noticed that Diablo 2 doesn’t run well in full-screen mode on Windows 10. In this article, we’ll show you how to run Diablo 2 in a window instead.
Also Read: How to Farm Death Breath?
Why Run Diablo 2 in a Window Instead of Full-Screen Mode
When playing games, many people prefer to play in full-screen mode for a more immersive experience. However, there are some benefits to running Diablo 2 in a windowed mode instead. Some of these benefits include:
- You can easily switch between other windows without having to leave the game. This is particularly useful if you need to quickly check email or chat with friends while playing.
- You can resize the window to whatever size you want, which can be helpful if you want to keep an eye on other programs or windows while playing.
- If your computer is not very powerful, running the game in a window instead of full-screen mode can help improve performance.
- You can continue using your computer while the game is running in the background.
- If you need to take a break from the game, you can minimize it to the taskbar and easily return to it later.
Also Read: How Do Seasons Work in Diablo 3?
How to Run Diablo 2 in Windowed Mode in Windows 10
There are a lot of different ways that you can play Diablo 2, but if you want to run it in a window on Windows 10, there is a specific way that you need to do it.
The first thing that you need to do is make sure that you have the latest version of DirectX installed on your system. You can download DirectX 12 from the Microsoft website. Once you have downloaded and installed DirectX 12, you need to open up the Diablo 2 installer and install the game.
Once the game is installed, you need to go to your Documents folder and open up the Diablo 2 folder. Inside the Diablo 2 folder, you will find a file called D2Prefs. Open this file with Notepad.
Scroll down until you find the line that says “WindowedMode=1”. Change the 1 to a 0 and save the file. Now when you launch Diablo 2, it will run in a window on your desktop.
If you want to change the size of the window, you can do so by opening up D2Prefs again and changing the numbers in the “Width” and “Height” fields. The default window size is 1024×768, but you can make it any size that you want.
You can also change the location of the window by changing the “X” and “Y” fields. The default location is the upper-left corner of your desktop, but you can move it to any spot that you want.
Enjoy playing Diablo 2 in a window on your Windows 10 desktop!
If you’re looking for a simpler solution, follow the following steps:
- Go to the “Start” menu and choose “Programs.”
- Right-click “Diablo 2” and select “Send to.” Select “Desktop (Create shortcut).”
- Right-click your desktop’s “Diablo 2” shortcut and choose “Properties.” Put a “-w” after the “Target” address.
- Without the quotation marks, it would appear as follows: “Target: “C : Program FilesDiablo IIDiablo II.exe -w”
- Diablo 2 should now be playable in windowed settings.
Also Read: How To Farm Forgotten Souls Diablo 3
When playing Diablo 2 on Windows 10, you may find that it’s difficult to keep the game window open. This is because Windows 10 has a feature called “Window Snapping,” which automatically snaps programs to the top or sides of the screen. This can be annoying when you’re trying to play a full-screen game like Diablo 2.
One way to work around this issue is to disable Window Snapping. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app by pressing the Windows key and I at the same time.
- Click on System.
- Click on Display.
- Under “Snap Assist,” turn off the switch for “When I snap a window, automatically snap its neighbor.”
- Click on the Advanced display settings link.
- Under “Multi-monitor,” turn off the “Let Windows move windows between monitors automatically” switch.
- Click on the Apply button.
Window mode can be really helpful when you want to play Diablo 2 and do other tasks on your computer at the same time. You can resize the window, change its location, and even change its size to fit your needs. Now that you know how to run Diablo 2 in windowed mode on Windows 10, you can enjoy the game in all its glory!