Black Desert Online is a massive gaming platform used by millions of users. The game is available on Windows, X-Box, and PlayStation. Even when the game is very popular, some users face problems of crashing and corrupted files.
The most common reason for a corrupted file is a bug or a defect in the file. The software used can be malicious, or the files can be broken due to various reasons. It is a temporary problem that happens and can be resolved easily following a few steps.
At times the files are too damaged and cannot be repaired. In these cases, you will have to delete the files. However, in most cases, the problem can be resolved easily by the users. We will tell you seven easy ways to fix corrupted files in Black Desert Online.
1. Run File Recovery from Launcher
In most cases, the problem is resolved by running file recovery from the launcher. It is the best way to repair the corrupted files. Make sure you have a firewall and antivirus installed on your device.
Follow these steps:
- Open the launcher settings and click on the upper right of the launcher.
- Force check and let the process complete.
- Restart the computer to allow changes to take place.
- If the problem persists, repeat the recovery process one more time and restart the computer.
Also Read: How to Add Crystals to Outfits in BDO
2. Close All Programs
If running file recovery does not work, you will have to close all memory-consuming programs. If there are too many applications running in the background, it may interfere with the game. In such cases, there may be a prompt showing – ‘the file is corrupt.’
Try closing third-party apps in the background by the following method:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open the task manager
- Another way is to right-click the start menu and open the task manager
- Once the taskbar opens, right-click applications consuming too much memory and select the end task.
- Repeat the process for all apps consuming excessive memory.
- Relaunch the game and check if the problem is still there.
3. Verify Integrity of Game Files
Verifying the integrity of the files becomes important if the file recovery method and closing programs do not work. Before beginning the integrity process, make sure you have the latest and original file downloaded.
Here are the steps to verify the integrity of files.
- Right-click the game in your library folder
- Now click the Properties tab and go to the local files tab
- Select ‘verify integrity’ on game files
- After verifying the integrity of the files, clean all registries with CCleaner.
Also Read: Best Things to Purchase at BDO’s Pearl Shop
4. Delete Game Cache
A corrupt game cache can also result in a ‘file is corrupt’ pop-up. The best way to resolve the problem is to clean the game cache. Here are the steps to be followed.
- Close the game window. Next, press the Windows + E key to open the file explorer.
- Click on the PC icon and select the documents folder. Now double click the Black Desert Online folder.
- Select the folder showing – User Cache and delete it.
- Navigate to the C file showing the Black Desert Online installation folder to delete the cache.
- Now restart the computer and check.
5. Delete .XEM files
Many users have acclaimed that deleting corona.xem files is another way of resolving corrupted files. If nothing of the above steps work, try this process to fix corrupted files.
- Press Windows + E key to open file explorer.
- Go to the Black Desert Online installation folder and delete corona.xem files.
- The files will be visible in bin 64>xc>na>1 folder.
- Navigate to BDO folder bin64>xc>na>2, and the same way, delete corona.xem files.
- Restart the computer and check if the problem has been resolved.
Also Read: BDO Dream Horses (Tier 9)
6. Install Visual C++
Visual C++ is important to run complex apps, including most cross-platform games. To fix the visual C++ on your computer, follow these steps.
- Open launch setting and click on install visual C++.
- Wait for some time and allow the installation to complete.
- Now you will have to set an exception for antivirus and firewall. Navigate to the Black Desert Online folder and set exceptions in windows defender, firewall, and antivirus.
- Create another folder as BDO, and you can rename it as GameBDO or anything you can remember.
- Now you have to point the launcher to this new folder and rename the version.
- The process forces comprehensive file checks for corrupt files and fixes the files.
Also Read: BDO Sea Monsters
7. Update your Driver
If your graphic card and drivers are not updated, it may also cause a problem. GPU is necessary hardware that is critical for running gaming programs. Outdated GPU and drivers will lead to crashing and corrupt file pop-ups.
Here are steps to update your GPU:
- Open the run dialogue box by pressing Windows + R key.
- Type devmgmt.msc in the dialogue box and press enter.
- Device adaptors are expanded in the device manager. Now right-click the graphics card driver and update the drivers.
- You can search automatically for the updated version of the software and follow the instructions on your screen.
- Restart your computer, and you are done.
Most of the problems are encountered in Black Desert Online when you download it from an unauthorized source. Another cause for corrupted files is outdated software or broken files. Ensure you have the required configuration of the system requirement and download the game from an authorized source.
Hello everyone! My name is Kyle, and I’ve been a passionate gamer for 15 years. I enjoy playing video games such as League of Legends, Stellaris, and Cities: Skylines in my free time. I created this blog with one purpose, and that purpose is: to help you out. Whether you’re stuck on a quest in Black Desert Online or you simply don’t know what to build on Lucian in League of Legends, don’t worry because I’ve got you covered.