BDO sea monster hunting is a wildly popular activity in Black Desert Online, with many players eager to take to the seas and see what creatures they can find. However, despite the sheer breadth of benefits that BDO sea monster hunting brings players, most seem to be content sticking with fishing as their mainstay pastime. In this article, we’re going to share what you need to know about these elusive underwater monsters – what they do and how you can go about catching your own!
There are many aspects of sailing in BDO that make it a popular activity. . Sea monsters are an integral part of Black Desert Online. They have various interesting and exciting roles for players to take up as they go for long-distance trolling or hunting down individual targets.
Sea Monster Hunting is a bit different from other forms of fishing. There are some critical differences in how you interact with it in the game. Sea monsters come in a variety of shapes and sizes that are all unique to Black Desert Online. The first ones to be introduced were the predators like whales, sharks, mythic fish, and so on. These are the most commonly hunted monsters among players. Of course, there are other sea monster variants, each with its giant and powerful bodies.
First off, while you can encounter different types of monsters at different levels, they don’t typically scale with your character level like they do in other games. Here’s everything you need to know about sea monster hunting in BDO – including what can be caught from the ocean itself!
What Are BDO Sea Monsters?
In Black Desert Online, sea monsters are simple creatures that you may find at sea. There are many different types of sea monsters, and they often have their strengths and weaknesses. Sea Monsters have also fallen out of favor in PvP due to how easy it is for people with high skill levels to slay them. This guide will help new players learn which ones they should be concerned about and how best to avoid them!
The game BDO has tons of sea monsters in it! Here is a shortlist
- Hekaru- The most giant, scariest ocean creature ever! It has a flat mouth and a wide mouth. It’s very dangerous, and It can eat anything.
- Ocean Stalker- A strange creature that lives in the Great Ocean. There is less information available about this creature, but we know it’s hazardous. There are still many mysteries left for Biological researchers. It’s not clear how much time this creature spends in the ocean, but there is no doubt that it’s the most dangerous creature because nobody has survived from what they say about it.
- Candidum- A cold-blooded monster that lives in the deep ocean. More robust and more extensive than any other creature. Sailors describe it as the “White Ghost” because they say it is challenging to deal with.
- Nineshark- The creature living in the Great Ocean is called a Nineshark. They look like they have a mix of a stingray and a shark. They look terrifying because of the bighorn on their head. Ninesharks can be mean and scare people because of how intimidating they are.
- Black Rust- This creature is so rare that nobody has ever seen it except for scientists. It eats all types of fish, and its sharp teeth are strong enough to bite through anything. It’s almost impossible to see the creature because it lives in the deep ocean. Biologists have speculated that it emerged from piranhas, but nobody has caught it yet because they live too deep down in the ocean for anyone to reach them.
Here’s a couple of monsters for you to fight! One is the Sea Monster, and the other is a pirate ship. The Sea Monster can drop Neidan crafting materials; this gear is suitable for level 60 players. You can fight on another pirate ship if you wish – these also drop more gear, but the experience goes up much faster on the pirate boat, so it may not be a good idea to try both.
The pirate ships are the most common types you will encounter. You will find a list of pirate ships below:
Goldmont Small Battleship
The small battleship is also known as the Goldmont Pirate’s battleship. Most of the time, these ships are used in carrying out small raids on fishing boats or seaside villages, and it has been able to defend itself against the marines several times.
Goldmont Medium Battleship
The Goldmont pirates own a battleship and use it for their wars. The battleship is named the “Battleship class.” It is because it has enough firepower & durability to fight off other countries or pirate ships. It seems to be designed exclusively for combat, not trade or helping others in need, making this battleship different from traditional ones.
Goldmont Large Battleship
This battleship is giant and has lots of cannons on top. It’s scary, too, because it can attack any ships that come near it. The pirates who live on the battleship are called Goldmont Pirates. For this reason, ships that wish to cross Margoria pay for an escort in order not to be robbed by the giant battleship.
Where Can I Find Knowledge on the Monsters of the Sea?
Sea monsters are fascinating creatures living in the world of Black Desert Online for as long as most players have logged into the game. To discover more about these creatures, you must speak with certain NPCs dispersed across the BDO. There is no other way to find out about sea monsters without talking to these NPCs, so make sure you speak with them at least once!
The following is a list of all non-player characters and the monster information they provide
- Sihuram – you can get information about Goldmont Small Battleship and Hekaru.
- Bindo – brings you knowledge of Ocean Stalker.
- Moran – informs you of Nineshark & Goldmont Large Battleships.
- Siyunchae – provides you with knowledge of Black Rust.
- Gintabam – providing experience about Candidum.
- Haeran – enlightens you about Goldmont Medium Battleships.
Hunt Sea Monsters and Farm in BDO
Now you know that you can hunt and farm sea monsters in Black Desert Online. They are a little more temperamental than the other mobs you’ll find, which is why we felt it was necessary to offer a short guide on how to go about hunting them.
The main point is about how to locate and hunt sea monsters: what do they look like? How can you tell if it’s a male or female? How can you fight them off with your fishing rod? Also, what are some ways that you can make money hunting these creatures in the BDO?
Where Can You Find Sea Monsters?
If you look at the map, the place where you’ll find Hekaru is outlined in red. White indicates the zones where Pirate Ship, Candidum, and Nineshark will spawn & roam. The territory where you’ll find Candidum & Ocean Stalker is the blue zone. In the people zone, you’ll find Black rust.
In younger versions of the Nine-shark, Candidum and Black Rust are all sea creatures. These are not as strong as their older variants, but they still have a lot of power and are beautiful in their own right. In the Ross & Margoria seas, you can find the young Candidum, Nineshark, and Black Rust. It is possible to hunt and kill these monsters.
The young Sea monsters drop minor loot, but still reasonable. It is still worth it for players who want to explore the seas without going against the real thing. It makes this an excellent alternative for players who want to test their skills at sea but cannot compete with the real stuff.
The Best Way to Find Sea Monsters
The best way to locate sea monsters would be to launch two boats at the same time. You both have to ram into one boat together and hope that it crashes into the other monster.
When you are preparing to hunt sea monsters, there are specific facts you should keep in mind. The criteria for finding sea monsters are as follows:
- Ship Gear – minimum requirement, green-tier.
- Origin Of Wind – Three will supply sufficient oil for a two-hour trip without stopping.
- Materials for Ship Repair – need at the least, green-tier. You’ll only need about 50.
How to Get Rid of Sea Monsters in 4 Simple Steps
There are four simple steps to help you kill sea monsters. These strategies are the most efficient in catching sea monsters. Specific requirements need to be met beforehand, though.
While hunting, there are specific terms that you need to know:
- Ship 1 will pull the monster returning to Ship 2. It is on this ship that the Professional Sailing crew is stationed.
- At first glance, the straight line between Ship 2 and Ship 1 looks like a parallel line.
- The two ships have captured the monster, and it is stuck between them.
- By ramming the pirate ships or sea monsters, both ships will be able to take them down.
These four steps are tricky to master. I’ve had to learn them by doing many hunts over and over again. It is not because they’re hard, but because it takes some practice for them to become second nature. Each step in the above process represents a goal you can make for yourself. It’s tough but worth the effort!
Is Cannon AP Determined by Ramming Damage?
Cannon AP determines how much damage your ship will do to the other ship when it rams them.
What Is the Most Profitable Method of Looting?
Using your pets to loot sea monsters is the most rewarding method in BDO. Pets can collect every treasure dropped by sea monsters. In addition, if you have a pet with you when you kill a monster, your pet will receive any potions or food buffs that the monster dropped as well. It means that all of these benefits are readily obtainable for one hundred million silver.
The best ways to farm for gold are through small battleships that have a loot scroll. Goldmont Battleships are small, and like other battleships, they have a chance to drop rare items. They are one of the fastest and most predictable enemies in the game, so farm time is much shorter than farming any other type of ship.
The battleship spawns quickly, and there aren’t many different difficulties or variations to farm for. It’s also easy to tell how well you’re doing when farming this type since it’s straightforward to kill them. If you utilize loot scrolls, you may expect to earn between 100 and 200 million silver every hour.
Why Is SMH Important in BDO?
Why is SMH so important? The answer to this question is that this activity provides many benefits to the Black Desert Online player. To efficiently and effectively hunt sea monsters, they need an adequately stocked fishing boat and a fishing rod. Without these tools, players are unable to engage in this activity properly. Also, while this may be true, it’s worth noting that the downside of being unable to hunt sea monsters will only accrue if the player wishes to enjoy all of the benefits associated with the activity.
Below, you will see the benefits of SMH awards in BDO:
On top of everything else, you get a lot of experience from sailing on regular quests and have the opportunity to hunt sea monsters for even more exp.
Fishing in Hotspots Has Become Easier
You’ll gain experience points when you sail! The more you travel, the more sailing experience you will gain. When you reach a certain level, your fishing ability goes up. This skill is beneficial during active fishing.
More Cash Flow in the Guild
The action is profitable, and you might receive a bigger payout if the items are items your guild needs.
Taking a Deep Breath of Pure Air (Breathing Space From Grinding)
Grinding, which indicates, is a protracted period of no or little rest. Taking a deep breath is sometimes essential. SMH enables you to break far from the monotony of grinding, favoring something more active and entertaining than you may do among guildmates or buddies.
The ocean is full of hidden riches, undersea destinations, and exciting places to visit. You’ll naturally stumble across these locations when you’re on the go and hunting, which produces much more variety and pleasure to what you’re doing.