If you’re experiencing storage issues, learn how to make space. You can remove saves from your Skyrim game files and put them on a drive, and then use that drive to store your saves. You may also want to consider changing the way you play; Reducing the number of mods you install can free up more space.
There are several ways to delete Skyrim files and freeing up space from your device is based on the type of device you are using.
Maintaining saved files in Skyrim can be difficult. If you play as more than one character or use your computer with multiple people, it’s easy to forget which saves are on which device. There are a couple of ways you can delete saves from your Skyrim game files and put them on a drive, and then use that drive to store your saves. The best part about all of these methods is that you do not lose any information. The steps listed below will show you how to clear Skyrim files from your computer.
An insufficient amount of storage on your device can cause various types of glitches and bugs. It includes game crashes, errors, and lagging issues. It is due to Gamebryo, a gaming engine that handles the save mechanism. This system saves game progress in regular intervals, at predetermined spots where data storage is possible.
It’s difficult to clean up items in a system when they become “dead.” Gamebryo is the most challenging engine to manage this, but it can be done. If a stored game opens, there’s a chance that it will encounter an object or reference that it cannot repair. The easiest way to resolve this issue is to remove Skyrim files or do the basic cleanup. It will fix the issues and allow you to enjoy playing the game as intended. The method of implementation, or how the device is being used, also depends on which device it is.
To remove Skyrim saved PS3 files, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Navigate to XMB
- Select the Game tab.
- Navigate to the Saved Data Utility tab.
- Choose the game about which you wish to remove the stored data in the listing of games shown. (In this scenario, choose Skyrim.)
- Then check the box next to Skyrim’s Load Data.
- To confirm your decision, click Delete and then OK.
To free up more space on your PS4, you’ll need to delete some files. The Stored Data limitation here on PS4 is fixed at 1GB, so when that limit is exceeded, the system will force you to remove some stored information. When you hit your storage size on your PS4, you’ll frequently encounter the following message: “There is insufficient capacity in the storage system.” It would be best if you used this handy guide for deleting files from your PlayStation 4. Keep in mind that this process requires subsequent logins after file deletion!
To remove Skyrim saved data on PS4, follow the steps below:
- Head to Settings from the PlayStation Dynamic Menu.
- Select Application Saved Data Management from the drop-down menu.
- Select Saved Data from System Storage, USB Storage, or Online Storage.
- Select Delete.
- Choose the game you wish to remove the saved data from in the menu of games shown. (In this example, choose Skyrim) Then check the box next to Skyrim’s Save Data.
- To confirm your choice, click Delete and then OK.
Be careful you don’t remove the actual stored game files when performing the procedure as mentioned above.
Saves in the Xbox 360 are stored on the HDD, but if you’re using a USB, you might find them there as well.
To remove Skyrim saves from the Xbox 360, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Xbox Home, then go to Settings, and finally system.
- Go to the Storage tab.
- Select the storage device containing the items you wish to remove. Your storage device might be one of the following:
- The Hard Drive in your console
- Cloud Saved Games: The amount of storage space available on Xbox Live servers. You’ll see all of your cloud-saved games there.
- USB Storage Device: The USB flash drive that is hooked into your console.
- Memory Unit: This is the memory unit that was initially connected to your Xbox 360 system.
- After you’ve chosen your storage device, navigate to the Apps and Games area.
- Choose the game for which you wish to remove the stored information from the menu of games shown. (In this case, choose Skyrim.)
- To confirm your selection, click Delete and then OK.
- Navigate to Documents. choose My Games
- Choose Skyrim, then Skyrim Saves.
- Select Delete.
Before deleting your game data, always remember to disable Steam Cloud in the settings. Steam Cloud never saved anything on the internet, and all saves are made locally. On the off chance that you choose not to disable it, the erased saves may show up on future endeavors when you play your game.
Hello everyone! My name is Kyle and I’ve been a passionate gamer for the last 15 years. In my free time I enjoy playing video games such as League of Legends or Stellaris. I created this blog with one purpose, and that purpose is: to help you out. Whether you’re stuck on a quest in Black Desert Online or you simply don’t know what to build on Lucian in League of Legends, don’t worry because I’ve got you covered.