Hello, mayors! How is your city progressing in Cities: Skylines? Are citizens satisfied with the quality of life? In this game, anything is possible, and your cities can become real centers of life and wealth. Cities: Skylines is a game that came out in 2015 and has not dropped from the list of the most popular city-building games on the market since then.
This is another how-to guide in which we will talk about pollution, but this time about water pollution. Many players are interested in how to clean polluted water, so keep reading and you will learn how to make the water in your city drinkable and clear again.
A well-known question that arises for players is what to do with water that is polluted. Polluted water affects the quality of life and health of citizens, citizens can easily get sick and die from polluted water.
The easiest way to recognize that the water is polluted is to click on the top left on city info, there is important information for the situation in your city. Also, click on the barrel icon, there you can see the pollution levels in your city.
But let’s start with the basics. Pollution of water occurs due to sewage that releases almost all buildings. That is why it is important to create a good water flow that will provide citizens with drinking water, but also divert sewage away from drinking water sources.
Water towers can be polluted if they are located near an industrial zone or other buildings that are a source of pollution. If a pumping station collects sewage, water pumping stations will eventually become polluted and citizens will become sick. Take care to prevent this natural disaster that will impair the quality of life in your city. Basically, place the Water Pumping Station away from the source of sewage pollution.
Let’s take the right steps to clean the water from sewage and clear it up again.
- As your city progresses you will unlock different types of objects and buildings. First you need to remove the sewage outlets and replace them with Water Treatment Plants. Don’t forget to place them on a river, of course.
- When you do this you will see how the level of water pollution automatically decreases and how the water in that part is no longer polluted.
- If you have the Green City DLC, then you have an object called Floating Garbage Collector, place them on the river. The Floating Garbage Collector practically cleans the water that passes, make sure they are set downstream.
- After that, place Eco Water Treatment Plants, it’s a much cleaner item.
- Then you will see how the water will take away the water pollution, and the Floating Garbage Collectors will automatically have an effect on your city. A lighter area will immediately appear on the surface of the water. This means that the level of water pollution in this place is much lower than usual.
- Here is another tip: look for the Fresh Water Outlet, but remember that this is a slightly slower process. Place the Fresh Water Outlets if you don’t have a Green City expansion pack, they will also do the job very effectively.
- As your city progresses, so should your objects be upgraded for even better water pollution efficiency.
However, it is important to prevent the problem of pollution in time, so that you do not bother to solve it later. Pollution levels can be reduced by building the city properly, meaning buildings that produce a lot of pollution should be placed away from city centers and residential areas.
|Building||Cost||Upkeep||Water capacity||Pollution||Noise pollution||Unlock|
|Water pipe||₡20/cell||₡0.08/week/cell||Pumps water and sewage in and out of the city||0||0||Start*|
|Water tower||₡3500||₡240/week||60,000 m3/week||0||25||Start*|
|Water pumping station||₡2500||₡240/week||120,000 m3/week||0||25||Start*|
|Water drain pipe||₡2500||₡320/week||120,000 m3/week||0||10||Start*|
|Water treatment plant||₡15,000||₡640/week||160,000 m3/week||0||15||Big City|
The Pollution Solution Mod for Cities: Skylines
If you are a fan of mods, then try the Pollution Solution mod which in a few seconds disables or re-enables water, noise or ground pollution. This mod can help you not to bother with the problem of pollution in your city, so go ahead and try it.
Warning: downloading and installing mods is solely your responsibility. Mods are not part of the official version of the game Cities: Skylines, so no one can guarantee that the mod will not affect your gameplay in any way. By downloading the mod you agree to have your data visible to the mod creator. You can find this mod on the Steam Workshop for the game Cities: Skylines and find instructions there for downloading and installing the mod in your game.
Also Read: How to Start a New City in Cities: Skylines?
We’ve reached the end of another how-to guide for the game Cities: Skylines. Cities: Skylines is a game you simply have to try because it contains all the elements that a lover of city-building games loves. In this game you have the opportunity to be a real mayor but also to involve the creative side and build a city worthy of admiration.
In addition to balancing the city budget, it is necessary to build resident, commercial and industrial zones, create new jobs for citizens, build roads and design public transport that will transport citizens from one part of the city to another. In addition, it is important to pay attention to the health of citizens and monitor their demands and accordingly place new buildings.
There is also the problem of pollution that affects the quality of life of citizens. With our tips, you can quickly and efficiently solve the problem of water pollution and clean the water from sewage to be clear and drinkable again. If you have additional tips on how to clean water of water pollution, feel free to share your tips with us and thus help other players to solve this problem. Good luck and keep building!